Writing my blog after a long break.! Am sorry for keeping it away.!
I just love this dal.. it’s simple and easy and very tasty..! This version is my personal choice.!
The dal variety I have used is again my choice and I love these two lentils better than thuvar dal..
So here we go now to the recipe.!
Moong dal-1/4 cup
Masoor dal-1/4 cup
Tomato purée-1/2 cup
Turmeric -1/4 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Cumin powder-1 tsp
Pepper powder-(a dash)
Salt as needed
Butter-1 oz/ 1/4 block
Carom seeds/ajwain- 1tsp
1.Pressure cook both the dals together adding a little bit of turmeric and mash it well and keep aside.
2.In a pan add an oz of butter.
3. To that add chopped onions, green chilies and chopped capsicum.
4.To it add minced garlic.
5. Then to it add turmeric,coriander powder, cumin powder, pepper powder ,asafetida, salt.
6. Sauté for 2 mins. Then to it add tomato purée and add 1/2 cup of water.
And cover with lid and cook for 3 mins.
7. Then to it add the mashed dal.
8. Mix them well together and then add fresh grated ginger to the dish.. mix well.
9.Then add lemon juice and coriander leaves and let it stay for 2 mins.
10. Temper it with the items below the tempering column.
Enjoy this delicious dal with hot roti or paratha or garlic naan or even with rice.!! Trust me you will love this.. 🙂 have a great night guys.!