Masala is very popular southindian subzi made out of potato tossed along with onions, tomatoes ,peas which goes well with poori,dosa or chapathi..
Tomato -1 (big)
Green chilies -3
Ginger -1/4 piece (finely chopped)
Urud dal-1 tsp
Chana dal-2 tsp
Curry leaves -an arch
Coriander leaves -little
Salt as needed
Asafetida-1/4 tsp (optional)
1. Pressure cook potato with one whistle and allow it to cool down and peel the skin of potatoes and keep it aside.
2. In a pan add oil and add the tempering items and the curry leaves along with green chilies and ginger. Once they splutter add the sliced onions, tomatoes and cook for 3 mins adding turmeric ,asafetida and salt to it.
3. Then add the green peas & boiled potatoes. Mash it with hands a little and add them and mix well and add 1/2 cup of water to it..
4. Allow them to boil for 3 to 4 mins and then add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
5. Simple potato masala is ready to serve with poori,dosa,chapati or even with curd rice 😋