Pineapple is one of my favorite fruit, as it’s tastes great with a hint of salt and red chili, which can be tasted as appetizer when you don’t have anything else then this in your hand..
Then we can also make dishes with it, by grilling it, sautéing it’s, purée of it. Etc.. right from sweets to savory items it’s used. And it’s healthy too.
I have made Pineapple rasam many times (Indian soup) but today I added mango fruit too along with it.
Let’s jump into the recipe here.
PINEAPPLE & MANGO RASAM:
1. Tamarind -2 &1/2 cups
2. Tomato -1
3. Pineapple – one cup
4. Mango -1/4 cup
5. Turmeric -1/2 tsp
6. Salt – for tasting
7. Asafetida – small piece
8. Coriander leaves
9. Curry leaves
To grind into powder (for rasam)
Red chilies -2
Garlic cloves -5
Pepper corns – 1/2 tsp
Cumin – 1 tsp
Thuvar dal -1 tsp
Ghee- 2 tsp
Mustard – 3/4 tsp
Cumins- 1 tsp
Garlic – 2 cloves
1. Add tamarind water in a vessel and to it add turmeric powder, salt and asafetida.
2. Let it boil for couple of minutes and to it add tomato’s, mangoes and pineapples.
3. Grind the items said in the column. Add them to the Rasam. And also simultaneously purée 1/4 of the pineapple pieces and add it to the Rasam.
4. Let them boil for 5 mins and once you see the froth add the coriander leaves and the curry leaves.
5. Temper the tempering items and add it to the Rasam.