Hi all, it’s a different thogayal for sure. It’s healthy and helps in digestion.
Adding few ingredients are healthy and it’s tasty too. Goes best with yoghurt rice.
I will let you know the ingredients here with step by step pictures.
Please make a look at the Notes at the bottom of this recipe, I would give few tips.
Let me jump into the recipe directly.
Curry leaves – 1 cup
Bettle leaves – 4 nos
Coriander leaves -3/4 cup
Root turmeric -1/2 piece
Root ginger -1/2 piece
Whole garlic- 2 nos
Green chili- 1 long
Ghee- 2 teaspoons
Thuvar dal -5 teaspoons
Pepper corns – 1 & 1/2 teaspoon
Grated coconut – 2 tablespoon
Tamarind paste – 2 teaspoon
Salt as needed
1. Wash coriander leaves and add them to the blender.
2. In a vessel add water and dip Bettle leaves and curry leaves, along with ginger and turmeric. Then add the whole garlic pieces along with it.
3. In a pan add ghee, green chilies, thuvar dal and pepper corns. Sauté well.
4. Then drain the water and add the curry leaves. Take the stem of the Bettle leaves and chop and add them along with curry leaves. Chop the ginger and turmeric and sauté along for 3 mins.
5. Add this sautéed items to the blender along with coriander leaves. Add salt, tamarind paste and grated coconut. Once it has cool down grind them into a coarse paste adding 3 tablespoon of water.
Tasty and healthy thogayal is ready. Serve them with yoghurt rice, tastes great.
I added 4 Bettle leaves, but cut it down to 2. The nature of Bettle leaves has a strong hot flavor while you swallow. But this helps in digestion and good for your health.