Quite a popular and delicious dish from Northern side of India. This can be consumed as breakfast or as sides for the main course food items.
Some would like to prepare the Paneer home made but, i bought them in stores. The veggies that are generally added to this is just three. Some would add more. It is also one among the common street style food in Northern part of India.
The term Bhurji means scrambled. You scramble the Paneer / The cottage cheese (Indian) to make this dish.
The ginger garlic paste or the chili paste or the spices can be home made too. It will be fresh and has a unique flavor/aroma. This is similar to scrambled eggs but just the vegetarian version which is made with paneer or with tofu too. The one made out of Soy. This is for ones who are vegan.
I have mainly used onions, tomatoes and lots of bell peppers of all the colors as i love them in my daily meals.
Let us check this quick and easy recipe. For video version i will be posting it as reels videos on my Instagram, do check it out.
COLORED BELL PEPPERS- 1 CUP
GINGER GARLIC PASTE-1 TABLESPOON
OLIVE OIL-3 TEASPOON
CHILI POWDER-3/4 TEASPOONS
CORIANDER POWDER-1 TEASPOON
CUMIN POWDER-1 TEASPOON
DRY MANGO POWDER-1 TEASPOON
GARAM MASALA POWDER-2 TEASPOONS
SALT- FOR TASTE
LEMON JUICE -2 TEAPSOONS
CORIANDER LEAVES- GARNISHING
Paneer Bhurji | Scrambled Indian cottage cheese
- In a pan add the oil, once the oil has warmed up add the cumin and finely chopped green chilies. saute a second or two and then add the ginger garlic paste. Saute them well for couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile keep the paneer scrambled and ready.
- Then finely chop the veggies mentioned above.
- The add the chopped onions and bell peppers together and then saute them for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute.
- Then add turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and salt.
- Cook them for awhile and add the scrambled paneer, mix well.
- Add the garam masala powder and dry mango powder. mix and let it cook for couple of minutes more.
- Then add lemon juice and garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve them hot along with sliced onions and green chutney or serve them along with roti,naan etc.
FOR MORE RECIPES DO CHECK ME OUT ON MY INSTAGRAM AND MY YOUTUBE FOR VIDEO RECIPES. DIRECT LINK TO THESE ARE IN MY HOME PAGE.
FOR ANY DOUBTS COMMENT BELOW.