Celery vegetable has a long fibrous stick and tapering into leaves and they are so aromatic and healthy. Probably used on salads and Asian cooking.
It’s loaded with healthy nutrients that will help us live our life to its fullest.
It’s high in vitamin K,B2,C & potassium and folate. It’s high in antioxidants and helps fight cancer. It’s good for heart and assists the digestive support.
Dill leaves are a variety of herb used in European countries and Central Asia. Rich in Vitamin A and helps in calming and reliving intestinal gas, colic. Good for Bone health and relieves insomnia and respiratory issues and also other ailments. It has a fresh aroma and I prefer using fresh leaves for the taste of this herb and can be seasoned for pizza,pasta, even Indian food like dal and curries.
I have here used both celery and dill for making hot pipping rasam. (Indian clear soup)
So let’s go to the recipe now.
Celery stick -1
Dill leaves-1/4 cup(finely chopped)
Thuvar dal-2 tbsp (Cooked and mashed)
Tamarind juice-1 1/2 cup
Salt as needed
Asafetida -1/2 tsp
Minced garlic -1 tbsp
Pepper powder -1/2 tsp
Dry ginger -1/4 tsp
Rasam powder-1 tbsp(home made)
Mustard seeds-1 Tsp
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
(Pressure cook thuvar dal and mash and keep aside )
1. In a vessel or pan add tamarind paste and add 1 1/2 cup of water and to it add salt, turmeric and tomatoes.
2. Allow it to form the froth. Then to it add sliced celery.
3. Add asafetida, pepper powder, rasam powder ,minced garlic and let it boil until the raw smell leaves and the raw taste of tamarind. Say for 4 mins.
4. Now add dal water and allow it to become frothy.
5. Then add dill leaves and finally add dry ginger and temper with the ingredients mentioned.
6. Hot pipping rasam is ready to get served with rice.
You can add red chilies and reduce the quantity of rasam powder
Or can also grind raw thuvar dal like how we do it for pepper rasam.
If u don’t like dill leaves skip that part and add coriander leaves as usual.
Prefer to skip garlic you can very well do it.
Instead of dry ginger you can also add fresh grounded or crushed ginger