BEETROOT & CHANA CURRY
Of course as I made this cabbage kootu yesterday along with channa I had some balance of it so utilized it with today’s cooking. Here we go to the recipe directly ..
Mustard -1 tsp
Urud dal-1 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Salt as needed
Kasuri methi -1 tsp
Grated coconut -1 tbsp
1. In a pan boil the chopped beetroots by adding salt to it. Cover it with lid and cook for 10 mins.
2. Once done strain it and keep it aside. Then in the same pan add oil/ghee , to it add mustard,urud dal and cumin and the slit green chilies.
3. Sauté well and add the boiled Chana and the beetroot.
4. To it add the asafetida and coriander powder and sauté for 2 mins.
5. Add crushed kasuri methi and grated coconut toss for a min.. drizzle with a teaspoon of ghee if ur cooking it with oil initially.
Serve hot with rice.! It tastes great.!
Add chopped onions to it if you prefer.
Adding garlic or ginger is your personal choice
So choose what’s comfortable and tasty
Adding sambar powder or chili powder or red chilies are absolutely fine instead of green chilies.
You can also add some other lentil or bean variety instead of channa.
If you don’t have kasuri methi that’s fine you can substitute with coriander leaves alone or to be innovative try out mint leaves (pudhina)