Parupusili is from southindian cooking and this is made of lentils (preferably Chana dal) some do a mixture of thuvar dal & Chana dal together while soaking it.
Today I did with Masoor dal (Mysore lentil) and of course I ran out of thuvar dal 🤓
It’s quick and easy according to me.!
1. Soak thuvar (or) Masoor dal along with Chana dal together for 20 mins.. more you soak is good. But this time should be enough.
2. Chop beans (you can use any veggie ) and boil it adding salt. (10 mins)
3. In a blender add the soaked dal, 2 & 1/2 green chilies, salt, 1/2 tsp turmeric,1 tsp asafetida and make a coarse paste of it .
4. Now in a pan add 2 tbsp of oil and to it add 1 tsp of mustard, 1 tsp of urud dal.. some curry leaves (if you have) and the grounded dal. Cook for 5 to 6 mins till you see the dal is been cooked in oil.
5. Then add the boiled beans. Mix well. And let it cook for further 5 mins.
6. Once done serve hot with super best combo of rice & vathalkuzhambu, mor kuzhambu, Parupu rasam , curd rice or even as it is the whole usili.!
Enjoy making and ask me if you have any doubt or comment down below.!