Lunch menu for Sunday..!
There is no sweet on the plate..
I do have store bought but I forgot.!
Going to the platter items:
2.Tomato sambar (from yesterday’s platter 🤭)
3.Keerai malli kootu (spinach & coriander leaves Gravy)
4. Purple cabbage curry
5. Thayir sadham avakai oorugai (curd rice with mango pickle)
6. Mor (buttermilk)
KEERAI & KOTHAMALLI KOOTU:
1. Chop onions, tomatoes and 3 big garlic pods.
2. Chop spinach roughly. Then in a blender add 2tbsp of grated coconut, 1/4 bunch of coriander leaves, 1tsp of cumins, 2 green chilies, 1/4 tsp pepper and make it into a smooth paste.
3. In a pan add 2 tsp of ghee/coconut oil/olive oil/ sunflower oil. And then add the onion, garlic and tomato and sauté them for 3 mins.
4. Add the chopped spinach and to it add 1/4 tsp of turmeric and 1/4 tsp of asafetida and rock salt. Add 1/2 cup of water and allow them to cook for 5 mins.
5. Add the grounded paste and then continue cooking for 4 to 5 mins.
6. Add 1 tbsp of rice flour to make paste and then add it to keerai to thicken it.
7. In a tempering pan add 2 tsp of ghee and 1tsp of oil and to it add 3/4th tsp of mustard, 1tsp of urud dal, 1tsp cumin and 1tsp white sesame seeds. Temper and garnish on the kootu.
Serve hot with rice, dosa and even with upma.