This salad is fresh and protein packed with all the nutrients that is needed for our health. It is very easy and simple to make with the minimal ingredients and vegetables that we have at home in our refrigerator. I have added what i ahd at home. But, you can choose to add vegetables of your choice too.
Ofcourse, it is one’s choice to have this as a whole meal or as side with rice or roti.
This is a very straightforward recipe yet, will guide you step by step and also add the ingredients or the item pictures below. and list out the ingredients for this simple and healthy recipe.
CHANA / CHICKPEA- 1 CUP
SAUTEED PANEER- 1 CUP
ONIONS- 1 CHOPPED
ORANGE COLOR BELL PEPPERS- 1/2 CUP
CUMIN POWDER-1 TEASPOON
CHILI POWDER-1 TEASPOON
PEPPER POWDER-1/2 TEASPOON
POMEGRANATE POWDER- 1/4 TEASPOON
SALT AS NEEDED
OLIVE OIL-1 TEASPOON
LEMON JUICE-2 TEASPOONS
CORIANDER LEAVES- 2 TEASPOONS
- Soak chickpea over night and pressure cook them with one whistle. Or you can use canned goods. That is what i did 😉
- In a pan add 1 teaspoon of ghee and add chopped paneer (indian cottage cheese) and then cook for 3 minutes as it just have to slightly get golden in color.
- Add all the ingredients one after the other. and gently mix them together.
- Serve as whole or serve with your favorite main course as i told earlier.
- IF YOU DON’T HAVE COTTAGE CHEESE OR PANEER AND NOT LIKING IT OR WANTING TO HAVE YOU CAN CHOOSE SOYA OR SOY CUBES OR CHEESE. OR CAN ALSO SWAP IT WITH FETA CHEESE.
- YOU CAN CHOOSE TO ADD DESI SPICE POWDERS LIKE GARAM MASALA ETC.
- INSTEAD OF CHICKPEA YOU CAN ALSO USE BLACK BEAN OR RED BEAN.
- YOU CAN ALSO CHOOSE TO HAVE GREEN BELL PEPPER INSTEAD OF ORANGE.
- CHOOSE TO ADD POMEGRANATE OR APPLE PIECES.
- IF YOU DON’T HAVE POMEGRANATE POWDER THAT IS ABSOLUTELY FINE. CHOOSE TO HAVE CHAAT MASALA POWDER BUT AS I HAVE MENTIONED ADDING LEMON JUICE I PREFER NO TO HAVE CHAAT MASALA POWDER.