Sweet corn is a cereal with high sugar content unlike field corns these sweet corns are picked when immature and prepared and eaten as vegetable rather than a grain.
Sweet corn is loaded with lutein and zeaxanthin which promotes healthy vision . The insoluble fiber in corn feeds good bacteria in your gut, which aids in digestion and helps keep you regular.
Now let me stop lecturing about sweet corn and get onto the recipe.
Adding sweet corn to the regular dal gives a little different sweet taste and when consumed the whole corn it tastes amazing . I added some spice and garnished with healthy and rich seeds and nuts for flavor and uniqueness.
Today’s dal has got no onions or garlic. And for uniqueness have added flax seeds and walnuts as mentioned before.
Moong dal-1/2 cup
Masoor dal-1/4 cup
Green bell pepper-1
Sweet corn -1/2 cup
Green chili- 2
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Salt as needed
Cumin powder-1 tsp
Dry ginger powder-1/2 tsp
Carom seeds-1 tsp
Flax seeds -1tsp
Walnuts -1 tsp (chopped)
1. Pressure cook dal’s adding turmeric and asafetida. Once the pressure is done mash them well and keep aside.
2. Slit green chilies and chop bell pepper . In a pan add oil and to it add the green chilies and the capsicum and sauté for 2 mins.
3. Microwave sweet corn or stove cook for 2 mins on high. Strain and then add that to the bell pepper and add turmeric pepper and salt.
4. Then to it add the mashed dal and then allow it to boil for two mins by adding water.
5. Then add cumin and dry ginger powder. And keep it in simmer (low) for 2 mins and then add lemon juice.
6. Then add the chopped coriander leaves and do the tempering part. By heating ghee and adding the ingredients mentioned below the tempering column.
7. Enjoy the hot dal with roti ,poori or rice.!