Pav bhajji .. Pav is the bun in the recipe and bhajji is the gravy. It is the king of the street food from the western side of Maharashtra and Mumbai.
Blended with good vegetables and butter tossed in aromatic Indian spice.
It is one among the fast food. Now it has varied with different recipes by adding cheese bhajji,mushroom to paneer.
It’s not difficult to make and it’s quite an easy recipe.
I have added step by step picture along with a quick video.
Let’s get on to the ingredients list:
- Pav bun-4 sets
- Butter-2 tbsp
- Tomato’s -2
- Cauliflower-1 cup
- Beans-1/4 cup
- Carrots-1/4 cup
- Peas-1/4 cup
- Potato-2 nos
- Turmeric -1/2 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Kashmiri red chili -1 tsp
- Coriander pwdr-1 tsp
- Pav bhajji masala Pwdr-1tsp
- Kasuri methi-2 tsp
- Butter-4 tbsp
- Pressure cook the vegetables with two whistles. Release the pressure and keep them aside for allowing them to cool down.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes. Keep 2 tbsp of onions separately to use it at last.
- In a pan add 2 tbsp of butter and to it add the onions & tomatoes and sauté for two mins.
- Then to it add the turmeric and salt.
- Sauté for a min and then add the red chili powder.
- Add 1/4 tsp of butter in the middle of the gravy mixture and to it add the pav bhajji masala powder.
- Mix well and then add the boiled veggies with water.
- Using a potato masher mash everything well into a coarse smooth purée.
- Then let it boil for 3 mins and cover with lid to avoid spluttering.
- Add 2 tbsp of kasuri methi. Then add 2 tbsp of butter to it.
- Drizzle lemon juice after two mins and garnish with plain onions.
- In a tawa or pan add butter once it’s hot and then slice the pav bread and toss either side spreaded with butter and serve hot with bhajji.
- I added butter in between to sauté the masala powder. You can do that or can skip too.
- You can directly boil the vegies on the pan and mash it than pressure cooking earlier.
- You can also add coriander leaves instead of kasuri methi.
- The raw onions and lemon wedges to be served along with the pav while serving and adding raw onions can be skipped at last step.
- Bhajji is good to go with bread , roti, naan.
STEP BY STEP PICTURE ⬇️
THE QUICK VIDEO: ⬇️