Cauliflower & black bean coconut milk curry (subzi)
A quick swish into the recipe ⬇️
1. Chop onions, slice green bell peppers, cut cauliflower into florets and boil them for 5 mins adding salt to the Florets alone.
2. In a pan add 3 tsp of olive oil, to it add 1 tbsp of minced garlic, sauté it for two mins and add chopped onions to it.
3. Add 1/2 tsp of turmeric, 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri red chili powder , salt for the veggies. Mix them well and cook for a minute.
4. Add 1/2 tsp of pepper powder,1/2 tsp of fennel powder & toss together. Then add 1 cup of tomato purée and 1/2 cup of water.. cover it with lid and cook for 5 to 7 mins.
5. Add 1 tsp of kitchen king masala (can use garam masala instead) add the cauliflower florets & black bean (1/2 cup)
6. Add 1/2 cup of thick coconut milk and blend well and let it cook on low for 3 to 4 mins.
7. Add in some chopped coriander leaves and now comes the garnishing part.
8. In a pan add 2 oz of butter (can be substituted with ghee) to it add 2 tsp of peanuts, 1 tsp of sesame seeds,1/2 tsp of carom seeds (ajwain/omam) and 1 tsp of crushed kasuri methi.
9. Fry the above well and add it to the gravy. And enjoy it hot with roti,naan,rice, or even with dosa.!