Vepampoo rasam.!(Neem flower rasam)
A very tasty ,tangy and healthy rasam.
1.In a pan add 1 tbsp ghee, to it add 4 red chilies, 1tsp of mustard,1/2 tsp pepper corns,1tsp cumins..
2. Sauté them well. And on the other hand in a vessel add 2 cups of tamarind water,1 chopped tomato and to it add salt needed and 1/2 tsp asafetida and 1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
3. Allow it to boil for two mins and to it add the sautéed items.
4. Add ghee 1 tsp in the same pan and add vepampoo(neem flowers) 2tsp and sauté till they turn black in color.
5. Add it to the rasam. And let it boil for 4 mins.
6. Set aside half of the vepampoo aside..
7. Once the foam is formed add the chopped coriander leaves and curry leaves..
8. While serving add the balance vepampoo to it..
Vepampoo can be added at last. But I have taught this way.
I asked to add the balance later coz for the crunchy feel of the vepampoo.
Add one or more chilies for more spiciness.